Cookies

Sunday, 5 December 2010

Urgh

 

The only good thing that seems to have happened this week is being paid my first pay-cheque for my job. Everything else has been horrible. Mostly due to the snow. On Wednesday night, on my two hour journey home from work, I slipped and smashed my back on the ice. It would have been funny not for the fact that I seriously hurt myself, and was literally about a minute away from my house. And I’m not over exaggerating this. So i had to stay home on Thursday, which may sound good but not really when you confined to not moving. Although, things have now picked up and the snow is practically gone; hurray!!! Didn’t really get to enjoy it as much as I would of liked to. So, as I sit here on this glorious Sunday morning, nearly afternoon, I’ve realised, that the damn snow has made my life this week very tiresome. It’s all shits and giggles when you can just enjoy it, but when you have to be at work, it becomes the biggest hassle, and you start resent everything about life.

Apart from my magnificent fall, I have managed to get my Christmas shopping underway and I think I’m doing a pretty good job of it. I mean it is only the beginning of December, so I have a while to go, but it does creep up on you, and you can find yourself stressing and forgetting things. That will not be me this year. I have only 6 people left to buy for, which is manageable I think. Am looking forward to Christmas, as always, but it’s going to be a weird one as I won’t be seeing my Dad till January as he is off skiing, darn him; very jealous of that fact. Haven’t been in 3 years and I’m dying to go again. Moving on from this, secondly it’s weird because now I’m working, I have to think about when I want to take time off. It’s not like being at Uni where you get four weeks for the whole of Christmas and New Year’s. Luckily though I will have a week off ‘cos the office closes over Christmas, and I’m hoping to do down to Brighton for New Years, or do something with my friends. Last year was such fun, having a huge house party with everyone. Really was one of the best New Years I’ve ever had. Will be different this year though, and I think a serious effort will have to be made to spend it all together.

Well, I’m done. Can’t think of anything else to say. My life is becoming a tad boring. Next week seems fairly busy, seeing as I had to cancel most of my dinner dates. Plus it’s my dearest friends’, Ellie and Emma, birthdays. So will definitely let you in on the frolics of this coming Saturday’s festivities.