Cookies

Tuesday, 15 January 2013

...My Spring/Summer Cravings...


With talk of snow on the horizon, I can’t help but think about the warmer months and have started looking forward to being able to wear lighter, sheerer and brighter fabrics. Spring and Summer are wonderful months and I find dressing/planning outfits much easier, as you have less layers to worry about. I love being about to just throw on some clothes and be out the door, on the beach making the most of the sun and sea breeze.

I have begun to put together another list of cravings that I’m hoping will see me through the warmer months and into the Autumnal chills, as part of the Next Guest blogger competition. Simple, delicate flats; floral scents; loose fitting tops are all items I look for when planning my outfits. My finds for the coming season have come from the new Next SS13 collection. There are plenty of options laid out for you to choose from, and I could not help but be drawn to the floral patterns and floaty tops. Staying true to what I said in an earlier post about only purchasing things I need, I have picked out some key items that I can see myself wearing again and again throughout the season. Such as this gorgeous, baby pink, cotton top and mink coloured flats that would go perfect alongside a pair chinos or these khaki trousers.  The big bonus points come from the fact that I know I will get wear out these items during the colder months too, which means my wardrobe will be more versatile. This is exactly what I want out of my clothing. If I love an item, it does not matter what season I wear it in. For me it is about making the most of what you've got and love.

Alongside the pieces of clothing I've added, what I think is the perfect Spring/Summer scent, Daisy (Marc Jacobs). I have yet to get my hands on this beauty but I just adore the smell and deliciousness of this fragrance. Definitely on my wish-list. And finally, having the beach right on my doorstep means I try and make the most out of the sea, and am always on the look out for swimwear that I can add to my collection. Being of a bustier size, I find it hard to acquire attractive bikinis or swimsuits. Over on Next there is a large variety of options for the bigger bust (with under-wire support), and I loved the simple pattern and shape of the one featured above. Not too plain and boring, which is the case when shopping for bigger sizes. Sometimes when you don't want to flaunt the tum, covering up with a cute swimsuit is definitely the way to go.

So, there you have it. A small summary of the things I'm lusting over for the coming months, and it would be great to know what you guys are craving for...


xxx