Cookies

Sunday, 28 July 2013

...Vilamour: Roman Ruins...


One thing that I desperately wanted to do when we headed into the local towns was to do some site seeing and really explore where we were staying. In Vilamour we heard there was a small museum dedicated to an old Roman villa. For the price of €2 each we thought why not. What a wonderful museum it was. Very quiet and the scenery was wonderful. The best part was I was allowed to take photographs in the museum itself. I definitely made the most of that opportunity. The museum itself was is situated just around the corner from the Marina village in Vilamour.

I've always enjoyed visiting ruined sites. Seeing a piece of history with my own eyes and finding out about how a particualr civilisation lived. Roman history has always been up there on one of my many favourites lists. I hope you enjoy and if you visit Vilamour in Portugal please visit it...


xxx