Cookies

Sunday, 29 December 2013

...A Homemade Christmas...


This year I wanted to do something different and try my hand at making homemade treats for my friends and family. Now I am no expert at baking or cooking, and I usually end making a complete mess, looking red faced and ashamed of the creations I've made. These though were simple recipes with as little instructions as possible. How could they go wrong, and fingers crossed they haven't. 

Making something special, taking the time and effort for your friends...what could be a better present. I thought I'd make tasty, decadent orange chocolate truffles and Christmas flavoured pop corn. Both recipes were found whilst browsing online, with the search title, 'hassle free treats'. What can I say? They turned out pretty decent if you ask me. The popcorn was delicious. One simply mixes in a generous helping of mince meat with some plain popcorn, then bake in the oven for about 10 minutes at 180-200 degrees. Then allow to cool and separate into individual packages. That easy I know.

The truffles took a little longer, as I didn't fully read the instructions saying the mixture needed to be left in the fridge for 3-4 hours. So there I was at 9 in the evening rolling out truffles like a mad woman. Again though, very easy to make and took no time at all. Plus my hands were left smelling like orange chocolate for a few days. Now there's a chocolatier in the making if I ever saw one. So I heard from my willing tasters that the treats were yummy and very much appreciated. I think this will be an adventure I continue. Now let's talk about knitting..?

xxx