Cookies

Friday, 4 July 2014

...Health/Fitness: Routines & Regimes...

This post has been sitting in my draft box for a good while now. Since this is what I've been spending a lot of my time doing, amongst other things (more on that later), I thought it would be a great post to get the ball rolling again with blogging.

So...Part two of my health/fitness posts and this time I thought I would focus on my routine. What sort of exercise I do and mostly enjoy. I hope you enjoyed reading my first post about what I like to wear... and also my comments on healthy living… Better late than never really...

I'm happy with my weight. Of course it would be great to be a few pounds lighter, but overall I am content with my body, and am finally accepting how lucky I am to have a healthy, working body. However, when I am 'on it' and committed here is what I like to do. It was not until I began working in London, that I became fully committed and interested in staying fit. Since then I have been on/off with my routine but do try to keep myself active as possible. Being active is key. It was during this time where yoga became a very prominent feature in my life and still practise to this day as much as possible. The benefits have been tremendous and I cannot stress enough how invigorating yoga can be. Using a combination of yoga videos and a book that focuses on various positions, has helped to keep my motivation going when practising. Starting off with classes is really important, as you gain a real understanding of the positions and how to control your breathing. Yoga is a great form of exercise, working your muscles in a very subtle way and also your mind. After a stressful day, a good few sun salutations can do wonders for relaxing my body and mind, easing out the strains of the day. With daily practise, I have noticed my core strength improve and my ability to achieve more advance positions.

Alongside yoga, blogilates is my new found love. I feel everyone should go take a look at Cassie's blog and see what she has too offer. She has a great selection of home videos, which are fun and dynamic. She also provides a monthly calendar to help you stay on track. You can choose to focus on particular parts of your body or do a whole body workout.  I find if I have only a short amount of time to workout, doing her videos fit perfectly as they range from 10 minutes to 30 minutes.  Every now and then I'll throw some weights into the mix to help build strong bones and develop key strength skills. Strength training is vital to help build a strong body that can with take a huge amount of pressure and stress. I know when I'm older I want the strongest body possible, so I can continue to do all things I enjoy doing.

I strongly believe that exercising should be motivating, exciting and something you should want to do. Running, yoga and HIIT training, I have come to realise are the best forms of exercise for me. Changing up your routine will do wonders as your muscles soon become used to those moves, meaning they don't work as hard. Eating as balanced a diet as possible is another part of keeping a healthy lifestyle. Balance, balance, balance is the key to life...creating a middle way of life is all we can strive for...

xxx