Cookies

Monday, 25 August 2014

…Events: Rhythm and Blues Festival...


Every year I've wanted to go to this festival and every year I've missed it. But for once, I was up at my dad's in time to catch the Maryport Rhythm and Blues festival. And what a treat it was. The whole town is taken over for the weekend. Every pub is open to different bands and music, food stalls fill the streets, as does all the leftover rubbish by the end of the night. Even though it rained, the temps were warm and fosters flowed. It was so lovely to hang out with my dad and watch some cool bands. What is so special about this event is that it is open to every generation from the very young to the very old, and everyone is there to have a good time. Next year I want to go to the Cock 'n' Bull music/food festival up where my mum lives…

We only attended one night of the festival, and at £6 for a ticket that's not too bad. It was more about experience something different and unique. Definitely worth a visit if you find yourself in the North Lakes next July. For the event I wore a simple, easy, no fuss outfit. Pair of denim shorts, bought a size too big as I prefer shorts to hang low on hips…much more comfortable. And this gorgeous cute little top I found in ASDA. So dainty and delicate looking. My trusty Vans, which I picked up in a charity shop for £4, pretty much brand new, kept my feet nice and dry for the evening...

xxx